tHE COLORS cREATIVESNew Initiative by Sab
I was fed up with the lack of diversity on French-Canadian TV. After more than a decade on a non-stop grind on local TV (+ a goal to be a national TV host by age 25 – which I did not achieve), I decided to take matters into my own hands.
So, I started my own show. Au lit went online in 2012 on YouTube, finally catching the attention of a national TV Network in 2015.
My dream was coming true! I was producing and hosting my own talk show, Follow me. I ended up selling the licence to other networks. Amazing, right? Well after the highs wore off, I was still not satisfied that other content creators could not capitalize on their passion like I had.
So, I created THE COLOURED CREATORS PROJECT (CCP). A learning community & platform that focuses exclusively on people of colour who are emerging writers or storytellers for TV, film and digital platforms, and are passionate & committed about learning how to step up their game as content creators.
Whether you’re a writer, influencer, podcaster, multiplatform or digital creator, THE CCP is for you. The goal is simple: to transform your passion from a side hustle into the main one and make money $$.
How does it work? Each month, I focus on a speciality:
- September – Podcaster & Web or social media content creator
- October – Beauty influencers & online store owners
- November – Online organizations & groups
Each week during that month, you will get
- 1 specialized training session: You can watch it live here, via a private live Facebook page. That training is then posted on the training platform. So, if you miss a training session, you can catch it later.
- 1 collective brainstorming session: I will hold a virtual brainstorming and focus session where everyone can intervene. This is perfect for anyone who really wants to talk about their project and get live feedback to bring it to the next level.
- 1 happy hour with a special guest who made it and will inspire you, and best of all, answer all your questions.
- A chance to win $1,000 to start your project.
- You must commit to 4 weeks of learning.
- There will be separate groups for English and French speakers
- The price is:
- $150 after the deadline, per specialty
- $100 for 1 speciality
- $150 for 2 specialties
- $250 for 3 specialties
The first 40 people who sign up are in. Once the class is full, you will be put on the waiting list until the next cycle. All of the courses will be on the platforms.
So, if that doesn’t scare you, let’s do it! Sign up here now by August 29, 2020.